Monday, October 13, 2014

Bound to You - Christopher Pike

Bound to You by Christopher Pike is two of Pike's books published together, Spellbound and See You Later.

This book honestly took me forever to finish because Spellbound just did not captivate my attention at all. The book is about a group of friends in high school who find out their one friend is a monster who kills people. That is all fine and a plot I am used to reading. The problem I had with the book is that everyone is described as breathtakingly hot and extremely athletic. Of course our main character is a football cheerleader who dates the quarterback of the football team. All of the kids driving amazingly fancy cars and have nice big houses up in the mountains. Oh and their parents, they don't mind the kids staying out all night long or anything. The main characters parents even hide in their room so their son can have a girl over at 1 in the morning. The whole premise just frustrated me.

See You Later is a whole different story. I loved this story and found myself not able to put the book down once i started it. This is about a boy who meets this girl Kari, and eventually gets her help in getting a date with a girl he really likes. There are a few plot twists I don't want to ruin because wow this story took crazy turns. The ending leaves you sad but satisfied.

If you can find these books separately, which is how they originally were published, just skip Spellbound.

No comments:

Post a Comment