Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Best of Me - Nicholas Sparks

Currently reading! Review to be posted.
My copy of the book I picked up at the local Walmart for about $6
Just update I am still reading it is October 20th. Here are some pictures of some lines I liked in this book so far.


I really liked these parts of the books describing how different characters felt about the town they lived in. I could relate coming from a small (minded) town myself.
This is another quote seriously relating to my town and I am sure many other peoples towns as well. The closest city to me is Philadelphia, so unless you are a township worker or you run your own business there really isn't a way to earn a high salary around here.
This one made me think of a lot of different things. Any time I am upset and cry Corey (my boyfriend) will always tell me crying won't change things, you need to focus on the positive and move forward. I like the way it is explained in this part of the book.
November 5, 2014
So I actually finished this book several days ago but I just haven't quiet been sure what to write. This is my first Nicholas Sparks book and wow I am impressed. The author switches between all of the characters in the book allowing you to understand where each person is coming from when they make the decisions they make. I was not prepared for the ending even though I could feel it coming. The whole book you are rooting for these two people to be together, at the same time you can feel Amanda's torn heart about the feelings for her husband, and family. The ending is heart breaking yet great at the same time. It reminds me of an Emily Giffin book. I don't think I will be reading another Nicholas Sparks book anytime soon though. I liked it being relatible and all that, just I enjoy a more happy book. This was on the darker side and left me feeling depressed and sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment