Saturday, August 31, 2013

Cadillac

So for valentines day I decided to make Corey something I knew he would like and use. He loves his car... a Cadi... and he is always leaving his uniforms all over the house. So to kill two birds with one stone I made him a wooden plaque and attached two hooks on it so he can hang his uniforms from it. Sorry if the pictures are blurry I took them when I still had an iPhone4 :( have no fear though I use a Galaxy S3 now so they won't look like this ever again I hope.

So as I stated before I am a dispatcher. Between calls on my night shift I spent time practicing how to draw the Cadillac symbol.


I then practiced on the actual wood and used some crayons for color. I even drew where I wanted the hooks to go. To transfer the image I drew I placed my paper over the wood where I wanted it to be and pressed down hard over all my lines. I leaves an indentation in the wood so all you have to do is trace the lines with a paint brush.



So here is how far i got. I started with the black and then the grey.

I used painters tape to make the edges perfect. I also used the sharpie paint markers at first. NOTE TO ANYONE DOING THIS DON'T USE THE PAINT MARKERS!!! They bled out everywhere and it was such a hassle to try and fix. I ended up going to Michaels and just buying the regular wood paint and redoing it all.

This is almost finished!


I bought stencil letters at michaels and added his last name at the top to make it more personalized.


All colored in


This is the finished product! I hand painted in the dark grey accent leafs that cadillac has. We went to lowes the day I gave it to him and I had him pick out the hooks he wanted on it and we mounted it to our wall :) He uses this everyday and now I don't have to keep picking up his uniforms and he doesn't have to wonder where he last put them.

No comments:

Post a Comment