Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Movie weekend

So Corey and I spent the weekend watching movies on demand. I want to share my thoughts on these movies to either convince you to watch them yourself or help you avoid the suffering I withstood.

The Prestige

A movie about two dueling magicians who once worked together. 1 magician (Hugh Jackman) had his wife killed in an accident while performing some magic trick where she was tied up under water. The other magician (Christian Bale) is the one who tied the ropes so naturally Hugh Jackman spends the whole movie trying to kill Christian Bale or ruin his tricks. There is a twist ending and the whole movie you are trying to figure out how they do these tricks. Short of it all WATCH THIS MOVIE. I wasn't a believer and didn't really want to watch it but Corey talked me into it because he has seen it before and I am happy we watched it.

Lawless

This movie I thought was going to be your typical boy movie (since those are the types of movies Corey likes). But let me just say that this is probably one of my favorite movies ever. Shia LeBeouf is a whiny annoying kid the entire time but other than that it is amazing. The story is about a family of moonshiners during the prohibition trying to make their living while the 'law' is trying to stop them. The oldest brother played by Tom Hardy is a man of few words yet he is such a family man. The middle brother played by Jason Clarke is the enforcer of the family who basically kicks anyones but who hurts or upsets his family. There are two love stories in this that aren't prominent but they do play a part. Mostly the entire movie I was on the edge of my seat cheering for the bad guys. And working in law enforcement it is very odd for me to do that. This is 1 movie you should watch on a date night.

Zero Dark Thirty

After reading about my friends and co-workers seeing this and talking about how good it was a truly looked forward to watching it. If it wasn't for the fact that this is all based on real events and having all lived it we know what happens, I wouldn't have been able to follow the movie. I spent a lot of the movie asking Corey, 'What did they just say?'. I mean I know it is a movie that is pro america and all that but it was confusing. The one good thing about it was that hottie Jason Clarke (middle brother from lawless) was in it.= with Jessica Chastain (the waitress from lawless). This is a movie that made me really appreciate living in America because I couldn't imagine living the way people do in other countries. This movie is take it or leave it for me. It was free on demand and it was a date night for us so I don't mind having watched it but I don't feel I took out of it what my friends who have seen it took from it.

Sooo thats my reviews of the movies we watched this past weekend. If you feel differently about any of them that ok we are all different people and will view things differently. This is just my interpretation on the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment