Sunday, October 20, 2013

Mini pies and fresh dinner rolls

So I recently had my gallbladder out and now my diet has changed. But inspite of that here are my most recent attempts at trying new recipes.
The dinner rolls turned out so amazing!!! Corey absolutely loved them and I don't think we will be wasting money on the store brand any more. This recipe makes far more than 16 rolls. I split my dough in half and froze the extra rolls i made so next time we want them we just pop them in the oven. I had to use a lot more flour than the recipe called for. I am not sure if it is because my house was very cold and it calls for a warm area for the dough to rise or what... either way definitely give these a try.
Next up are the pumpkin pie bites i made for a family dinner we are attending tonight. They were simple enough to make however again It made more than the recipe suggests it makes. I didn't have an exact 2 1/2in cookie cutter. I just used a mason jar we use for drinking to cut out the circles. They fit perfect in the mini muffin pan i just purchased at the Acme. I think you can use less than 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. I was able to do the swirly designs and all that and has a ton of chocolate left over. Corey is a chocolate nut however he was at work and I feel guilty just trowing it all away like that.
My finishing result, I went a little crazy with the chocolate topping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment